As always, Hillel staff and student leaders are looking forward to being with our community for Shabbat services, meals, and moments of connection. We have reimagined out Shabbat offerings to fit the needs of our current moment. If you plan to Shabbat with us, please read this email for all the details you need!!
Some important changes:
- Shabbat meal registration will be required for everyone who plans to eat a meal from the Hillel kitchen by Tuesday each week! This is true if you are hosting a meal, participating in a meal, or want a meal just for yourself, and is to help our kitchen to prepare individually packaged meals for contactless pick up.
- Registration will also be required for services. In-person services will require registration by Thursday so that we can confirm we have the right amount of space for the number of people coming to services. There is no deadline to register for zoom services.
We will be welcoming Shabbat together on Instagram Live at 5pm on Friday. Join us!
Reform and Conservative Services will be held on Zoom at 5:30pm. You can register for online services up until the moment services start!
Orthodox services will be held in person in smaller groups. Registration for in person services is required by Thursday.
Register for Orthodox services.
Contact Rebecca at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or to get involved!
Register for Reform Zoom.
Contact Dena at email@example.com with questions or to get involved!
Register for Conservative Zoom.
Contact Aviva at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or to get involved!
Shabbat Dinner with Hillel:
There are FOUR ways to do Shabbat dinner with Hillel and you can sign up for any option on the same form (linked below)
- If you live in a Residence Hall, you can get a hot meal delivered from Hillel’s kitchen. Staff and student leaders will be there to say Shabbat Shalom and help people find a place to sit and eat outside.
- You can pick up an individually packaged meal for yourself
- You can Host a small group at your own home and get catering from Hillel’s kitchen OR
- Cook the meal you want to host and get reimbursed for your groceries, for up to 10 people.
While we won’t have a large gathering in person, we invite everyone who wants to join a virtual meal experience hosted in the home of one of our staff members at 7:30pm.
You can register for that link on the same form linked below. Everyone needs to register by TUESDAY at 5pm for meals from Hillel’s kitchen.
More ways to get connected to Shabbat community this week:
Freshmen- Join upper classmen for a Pre-Shabbat schmooze in person near your residence hall on Thursday evening. Register HERE.
Not sure about how to find community? Want to connect with a peer about Shabbat and life on campus? Fill out our Get Connected form and choose the Shabbat option!