November marks our 4th Annual Alumni Giving Month & Giving Tuesday Challenge! Throughout November we will be celebrating our alums in all sorts of ways and working together to reach our Alumni Giving Month goal!
The incredible group of young alums below have come together to create our Young Alumni Matching Gift Challenge*! Graduates from the classes of 1999-2019 who are new donors will have their gifts 100% matched AND previous donors who increase from their last gift will have their increase matched (up to $10,000). This is HUGE for Michigan Hillel students and we’re so thankful for everyone’s support! To check on your last gift amount to ensure a match, contact Nicole at [email protected].
Adam (’09) & Tali (’13) Baruch
Kendall Coden (’19)
Max Heller (’13)
Andrew Jacob (’17)
Becca Levin (’16)
Jennie (Beitner) Maxbauer (’10)
Shira Moskowitz (’15)
Teddie Olender (’12)
Haley Schreier (’15 and ’17)
Lauren Siegel (’18)
Evan Seigerman (’10)
Noah Seligson (’19)
Marshall Sunshine (’08)
Daniel (’11) and Ryan (’11 and ’15) Warsh
Jenna Weinberg (’11)
Shana (’08) and Allen (’07) Weiss
And other anonymous donors
But wait a second, we’re going to sweeten the pot even more to show our gratitude for your generosity and participation. Each week we will be giving away awesome prizes to our a-maizing alumni supporters. Look for the email announcement in your inbox each Monday for this week’s prize and previous winner.
So how can you help? Simply:
- Make your online donation below
- Venmo us at @Michigan-Hillel
- Pledge over the phone to a Phonathoner when they call this month (they’re looking at some pretty good prizes as well, so feel free to make their day with your pledge!)
Because of the diverse ways in which we build Jewish community on campus, your contribution today will make a significant impact on many of our meaningful initiatives. Here’s just a few of the ways in which your generous gift can help so many Jewish students today….
- $18 supports one free Shabbat meal for a Jewish student
- $54 sends our leaders and fellows on 10 one-on-one coffee dates to engage Jewish students in our programs
- $180 supports a week’s worth of Jewish Penicillin matzo ball soup deliveries to students feeling under the weather
- $360 sponsors student attendance a national leadership conference
- $500 supports Israel programming for Israel Day on the Diag
- $1,000 sponsors a leadership training day for 100+ student leaders
- $1,800 supports a Lox ‘O Midterms Bagel Brunch study break event for over 400 students
- $2,500 supports dozens of new freshman attending our early engagement Overnight Retreat at Camp Tamarack
- $3,600 supports our annual Students for Holocaust Awareness, Remembrance, and Education (SHARE), inviting local survivors and students to engage, form friendships and share stories
- $5,000 sponsors an entire Shabbat dinner for 350 students
- $10,000 supports recruitment and follow-up programming for over 200 Birthright Israel participants
*As in past Alumni Giving Challenge years, Class of 1999-2019 alumni gifts have the opportunity for their new gifts or gift increases to be matched. However ALL alumni gifts – regardless of class year – will help us achieve our overall $50,000 Alumni Giving Month goal!