Michigan Hillel’s Chai Society is a special supporter group comprised of active and invested parents, alumni, and community members. Chai Society members have generously contributed $1,800 or more throughout the academic/fiscal year, which runs July 1 through June 30. Supporters may always pledge now and pay later before June 30.
We gratefully acknowledge their support through many special incentives for a student(s) of their choice:
- Complimentary High Holiday meal and complimentary Passover meal*
- Two Grab & Go sandwiches from our Hillel Cafe
- Fall semester joiners, our High Holiday Sweet Treat Apples & Honey gift bag
- Winter semester joiners, our Winter Warm-Up package, available just prior to Valentine’s Day
- Nosh Bag available prior to Finals Week, both fall and winter semesters
- +For new students, early access to our First Year Students Retreat (48 hrs advance), plus waived registration fees (UM’s required $TBD early move-in fee + Hillel retreat $TBD program fee)
* For accurate counts needed by our Chef, students must register for their High Holiday meal and Seder and it will be refunded to your card after the holidays.
As well as bonus incentives for first-time Chai Society supporters:
- First Wave Access to up to 4 tickets within our Hillel Reserved Football Block
- Chai Society Lapel Pin
- Michigan mezuzah (not including kosher scroll)
- Block Mem reusable tote bag with our Hillel notepad and a Michigan in Hebrew shirt
- Special recognition in our Annual Report
- Personal thank you call from our very appreciative students leaders
To ensure you and your student receive all goodies possible over the academic year,
we recommend you express your interest as early as possible.
Thank you, as always, for your generous and thoughtful support of our
6,500 Jewish students at the University of Michigan.