Michigan Hillel’s staff and student leaders are here to be a resource for all freshmen and their families. We hope the links below will help you navigate through this new adventure and we welcome you to reach out to us with any additional questions you may have.
Get in Touch with Us Directly
– Student inquiry form
– Parent inquiry form
– “Michigan Hillel Parents” closed Facebook group
– Stacy Carroll, Director of Advancement | Cell: 312-848-1791
– Tilly Shemer, Executive Director | Cell: 734-478-3195
University of Michigan Resources
– Maize & Blueprint: University’s Guide to Living, Learning & Working Together Safely
– UM Virtual Resources & Virtual Tour Video
– Interactive Campus Map
– Campus Centers & Resources
– Jody Gore, a partner to our Hillel within UM Admissions
Housing Info Received as of 6/1/21
– Up to date Move-In information (scroll to New Resident Move-In) & Housing information
– Hotels in/near Ann Arbor (*if you do not need the need to be right on campus such as at The Graduate or The League, we recommend the hotels around the Briarwood Mall area)
– Parents Weekend 2021 Information
Kosher Food on Campus
– Kosher dining in South Quad
MDining representative info: “Kosher dining is available at the South Quad Blue Cafe and students and/or guests may use their meal plan, Blue Bucks, or Dining Dollars (no credit cards) to obtain a Kosher meal from the South Quad Blue Cafe.
Hillel Programmatic Info
– Our Freshmen Early Move-In Retreat is back! Sign up open on Wednesday, June 9 and then move to a wait list. We’ll contact students on our wait list to confirm spots if or as we get extras approved by UM. Early move in for 2021 will be on Monday, August 23.
– FreshConnect is our “choose your own adventure” for getting plugged into the Jewish community on campus through 4 freshmen-focused programs. Fill out the form to be in the know about upcoming program registration info/dates, like for our annual First-Year Students Retreat (which we anticipate hosting at Hillel again this year pending the University’s approval).
– 40+ student-led groups to get involved with
– Shabbat with Hillel
– Kosher food at the Hillel Café
Hillel Virtual Visits
We will be hosting Virtual Meet & Greets this year, several times throughout the summer. We are in the midst of planning for those now in terms of dates. If you miss your region’s Virtual Meet & Greets, no worries, it will be recorded and/or you can schedule a personal Zoom Chat too by filling out either of the inquiry forms listed at the top of this page.