A campus-wide Shabbat celebration
On Friday night, November 8th 2019, YOU can create a warm intimate Shabbat experience on YOUR own terms with YOUR friends in YOUR own space – whether it is an apartment, lounge, Greek house, campus location, etc.
There will be no Shabbat dinner at Hillel on Friday, November 8th; instead, students will be hosting their fellow Wolverines for spirit-filled, intimate Shabbat dinners all across campus (and beyond)!
Please sign up to host by Monday, October 28th.
There is no “right” way to host a ShabUM dinner. It’s YOUR meal in YOUR home!
As a ShabUM Host you can:
- Cook a meal in your own home
- Order take-out from a restaurant/caterer
- Apply to Hillel for Kosher catering
Following ShabUM, hosts who submit the reimbursement form with receipts will be reimbursed $10/person per guest.
FREE Compostable Tableware
U of M sustainability initiatives supports zero-waste events! You can get free compostable plates, cups, etc.
- Go to: http://sustainability.umich.edu/zero-waste
- Find the “materials request form”
- Fill out the form, for student group list “Michigan Hillel: Host at Home”