Just like all of you, we are feeling like we need reminders of self care and wellness during this time. So we’re here to remind you to take time for yourself! Check out our new page Hillel Wellness to learn about some quick tips and reminders about self care! Every Monday a NEW PROJECT will come out for you to do to step away from that Zoom call, your phone, and your computer and enjoy the time to grow and remember that we will all get through this together
Are you wondering what the Hillel staff are listening to during isolation? Check out their upbeat playlist for inspiration when you’re missing us at home, need a pick me up, or just want to guess who put what songs on the list! Share on your instagram and tag @michiganhillel to let us know that you’re listening!
National Mental Health Resources:
- Crisis Text Line: Text HOME to 741741
- Trevor Project:
- 24/7 number: 1-866-488-7386
- Can also chat online or text
- Chat online
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)
- Monday through Friday 10AM-6PM ET call 1-800-950-NAMI (6264) or email [email protected]
- 24/7 support text NAMI to 741741
- CDC Guidelines to Mental Health and Coping
- Love is Louder
- United Way of Washtenaw County – COVID-19 Community Resources
- UofM Services and Supports During the Pandemic
- UofM Mental Health Care Package: Coping with COVID 19
- THRIVE Counseling Ann Arbor
Hillel Wellness Remind Channel:
Sign up for our Wellness Remind Channel to learn about some quick tips and reminders about self care!
- Text @hillelwell to 81010
This Week’s Project:
Every Monday a new project will come out for you to do to step away from that Zoom call, your phone, and your computer and enjoy the time to grow and remember that we will all get through this together
Tag @michiganhillel to show us your project.
Marie Kondo Tips & Tricsk ~ Monday, May 11
I don’t know about you but during this time in isolation, I have spent more time cleaning up the smallest nooks in my apartment. I have found things that I have not seen since last July! While I was looking for better ways to organize my closets and drawers for the summer I remembered Marie Kondo! I decided to watch a few Youtube videos and take on her methods! Here are a few videos I found helpful and some before and after pictures of my piles that sparked joy and ended up in a donation pile! I found Marie’s tips super helpful and I hope they help you spark joy too!
7 Days of Journaling ~ Monday, May 11
- Day 1: Take 5 minutes to write down whatever comes to your mind
- Day 2: Write down what made you laugh today
- Day 3: What your perfect day will look like when isolation is over
- Day 4: A motto/quote you live by and why
- Day 5: Perfect meal from morning to night! Describe who you will meet your meal with. It can be anyone
- Day 6: 10 things you would take with you if you were on a deserted island
- Day 7: List 30 things that make you smile. Do one of these things for someone else.
Yoga ~ Monday, April 27
- Check out this easy yoga video!
- Take a picture of you doing a yoga pose and tag @michiganhillel
Positivity Jar DIY ~ Monday, April 20
*Supplies needed: jar, cup, or vase, decorations, glue or mod-podge, and paper
- Grab your jar and decorations! You can use a mason type jar, tissue paper, and mod podge.
- Glue the tissue paper to my jar and let it dry.
- Grab some paper and cut it into strips
- Put your favorite pen and paper next to your jar. Each day, add one thing you felt positive about during that day.
- Look back on your jar in the future whenever are you are feeling frustrated during the pandemic.