Welcome to Host At Home
Our Host at Home program encourages students to be empowered to host their own Shabbat and Holiday experiences for themselves and their peers. Through our Host at Home program, you can host a “private” Shabbat or Holiday meal in your home for your roommates and friends, or you can also choose to an “open” or “limited availability” meal if you want to invite people looking for community to join you! All of your host at home needs will be managed on our online engagement platform!
Please keep reading for Host at Home instructions for both Shabbat and the Holidays.
Here’s How It Works
- In advance of your Shabbat or Holiday meal, you will go to The Platform and click on “Create an Experience”.
- Once on the “Create an Experience” page, you’ll answer some initial planning questions.
- On the Experience Details page, you’ll start filling in the rest of the information about your meal.
- Make a decision about food for your meal.
- You can add a menu for your guests to see.
- For the High Holidays: Group Catering is not available for the high holidays. We will reimburse you for up to two Rosh Hashanah meals and either Pre Fast or Break Fast.
- Submit for approval! You will receive an email confirmation when your meal is posted. Once your meal is posted, invite your guests! You can do so from your “manage experiences” tab, or directly from your event page. You will be notified by email when guests RSVP.
- If cooking, you will use our reimbursement form to get reimbursed $10/person up to 10 people (we do not reimburse for alcohol). You can find this form in your event approval email.
- You can download your attendance list directly from the platform, make any necessary updates, and upload it directly into the reimbursement form.